Parents: No Parking in the Bus Lane during Away Games.
Check out this great video
South Gwinnett Cluster
8th Grade Marching Band Participation
This year the band directors of the South Gwinnett Cluster are working harder than ever to build the musicianship of the cluster. Our 8th grade student musicians now have the opportunity to participate in the marching band during the football season here at South Gwinnett High School. This opportunity is one that other clusters and counties already implement; we want to make sure our students have the same experiences and are ENGAGED in their music education.
Below is all the information you will need as a student and parent to participate in the South Gwinnett vs Newton County football game as well as the South Gwinnett Battle of the Bands. Also just a few reasons why participating with this ensemble benefits each student musician. We look forward to having you all participating in these upcoming events.
“Band of Stars”
10 Surprising Benefits of the South Gwinnett High School “Band of Stars” Band Experience South Gwinnett Band students will …
1. … have a positive peer group to ease the transition to high school prior to the first day of school
2. … have a teamwork experience to gain interpersonal skills in large and small group settings
3. … have a strong sense of internal and external discipline
4. … learn to balance and prioritize homework with extracurricular activities
5. … be exposed to an environment that instills, celebrates and pursues excellence as a habit. Our students regularly experience the best instruction and knowledge, and this is infectious.
6. … gain courage, resolve, and strength of character in a safe environment that allows for emotional and physical adolescent growth. Band Students gain satisfaction from the pursuit of excellence, regardless of the outcome.
7. … gain communication and conflict resolution skills.
8. … have opportunities to explore service-based leadership.
9. … gain intellectual stimulation from the study of human artistry. It is the study of humanities that make us more human: more compassionate, empathic, conscious, loving, and honorable human beings.
10. ... make lifelong friendships and connections.
Meal before every performance
November 3rd & 4th , 2021
November 10th, 11th , & 12th 2021
4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
*Come to practice after being dismissed from school
South Gwinnett vs Newton County High School November 5th, 2021
South Gwinnett Battle of the Bands November 13th, 2021
Dinkles ( Bandshoesonline.com)
Lynn Thacker-Snellville On-site Band Liaison
Marquell Oates-Band Director South Gwinnett High School Marquell.firstname.lastname@example.org